Pre-Anesthesia Patient Instructions (IV Sedation or General Anesthesia)
What to Expect with Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. The driver may not leave to get coffee or run errands.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with a short sleeved shirt, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Beatty, Carey, and Jones prior to your surgical date for instructions.